Senior Portrait Appointments
Senior Portrait Instructions
Students MUST have their senior portrait taken by our school’s official photography company, Legacy Studios, if their photo is to appear in the yearbook. These photos may also be used for SIS, ID cards, the award ceremony at the end of the year, and other purposes.
Having a senior photo taken is a more elaborate process than regular school pictures. As a result, seniors do not have their photos taken during the school day like everyone else. Instead, each senior needs to make an appointment for a formal photo shoot. If a student was not photographed over the summer, don’t worry! We have several make-up dates available this fall:
- September 13
- September 14
- September 15
- October 19
- October 20
- October 21
All photo appointments will take place at Marshall High School in Room C113. The first appointment slot is at 3:30 after school, with additional slots throughout the afternoon and evening.
Sittings and Fees:
All students are entitled to a FREE sitting, which is a photo session consisting of two poses suitable for publication in the yearbook. “Enhanced” sittings with additional poses, backgrounds, or outfits (including cap-and-gown photos) are also available for a fee.
How to Get an Appointment:
Senior photos are by appointment only. Students MUST be signed up in advance. It is recommended that students sit down with a parent/guardian as they go through the following steps:
- Visit the Legacy Studios website by clicking this link: https://seniors.legacystudios.com/georgecmarshall-hs-fallschurch-va
- Scroll down the page to learn about the different sittings to choose from.
- After determining an option, scroll down the page a little further and click on the desired sitting level.
- A calendar with available dates will pop up. Select the preferred date. Then, a list of times will pop up. Now, select the preferred time.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Enter the student’s first name, last name, phone number and email. You must use a PERSONAL email, NOT an FCPS account.
- If choosing an option that requires a payment, select the “Pay Now” or “Pay with PayPal” button to submit the payment. If choosing the free option, just click “Complete Appointment.”
- The appointment is now scheduled. The photo company will send a confirmation to the email address provided.
What to Wear:
Senior portraits are a more formal type of picture. A tux or black drape will be provided by the photographers. (Click the scheduling link above to see examples.)
Note: Seniors have the option of wearing a dressy outfit of their own choosing instead of the provided attire. Solid colored dress shirts/tops work well for the camera; jackets and ties are optional.
Students planning to wear the provided tuxedo jacket should arrive wearing a plain white t-shirt for the yearbook sitting. Students planning to wear the provided drape should arrive wearing a thin-strapped tank top shirt.
If you have questions about your appointment, sitting fees, ordering photos, selecting a pose for the yearbook, retakes, etc., please write to Legacy Studios directly at [email protected].
If you’d prefer to speak with someone by phone, you can call them at 716-512-6336.
Best, Mr. Reinish Yearbook Adviser George C. Marshall HS