Summer 2020 Virtual Credit Recovery
2020 Virtual Credit Recovery
Virtual Credit Recovery is an opportunity for students to recover one high school course credit and receive a grade.
Over three weeks, students will:
- Take part in daily synchronous (face to face) learning sessions with their teacher.
- Complete daily online learning modules at their own pace (asynchronous).
- Teachers will have office hours at set times and by appointment for students to ask questions. Schools will provide this information to the students.
- Students must have received an F in the course to be eligible to participate in Credit Recovery. The one exception is students who earned a D in Algebra 1 are eligible for Credit Recovery.
- Students are eligible to recover ONLY 1 course in Virtual Credit Recovery.
Information for Ineligible Students
- If you are interested in a New Credit (student has never taken the course), please go to the FCPS Online Summer School to register.
- If you are looking for information about FCPS Continuity of Learning, please click here to be taken to the correct page. This is not for credit, but a tool to reinforce topics taught in previous year course.
English - English 9, English 10, English 11, English 12
Social Studies - World History 2, US/VA History, US/VA Government
Math - Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry, AFDA
Science - Biology, Chemistry, Geosystems, Physics, Active Physics
Health & Physical Education - HPE 9, HPE 10
Class Dates: July 6 – 24, 2020
Synchronous Times: To be determined by the teacher.
Registration: Click here to complete a registration form.
- FCPS Students: Free
- Out-of-County Students: Not eligible
- Only students completing a course to recover credit will earn a grade.
- Students will receive a credit recovery grade/credit in August. The grade from June remains on the transcript.
- Grades will be calculated according to guidelines outlined in FCPS High School Grading and Reporting to Parents.
- Grade point average (GPA) is calculated on the basis of all courses for which credit has been earned or attempted, including repeated courses previously passed.
- Students who withdraw from July 6 - July 9 may do so without a grade penalty.
- Students who withdraw from July 10 - July 21 will receive a mark of withdrawn failing (WF) or withdrawn passing (WP).
- Students who withdraw after July 21 will receive a mark of withdrawn pass (WP) or fail (F).
SOL and WorkKeys Testing Requirement
- SOL tests will not be administered during the summer.
- In the fall, contact your school counselor for additional information about testing requirements.