October 11, 2021
Dear Marshall Family,
I apologize for not sending a message last week or the week prior. Today, I am sending you lots of information.
This week is Homecoming! Our schedule looks like this:
- Dress-up Day – Students should dress as their favorite TV character
- Griffin’s – For the past several Advisory periods, students have been building their Griffin’s. These are due by 10:30 in the library. Prizes will be given to the winners of Friday!
- Kickball Game – Students will play kickball during Learn. It’s the Freshmen vs the Sophomores and the Juniors vs the Seniors!
- Dress-Up Day – Since this is PSAT/SAT Day, students can dress in comfy PJ’s or other comfortable school-appropriate sleepwear.
- Dress-Up Day – The Roaring Twenties. This goes with this year’s Homecoming theme of the Great Gatsby.
- Talent Show – There will be a talent show during Learn to crown this year’s Statesmen Sovereign!
- Dress-up Day – School Colors Day – Traditionally on this day, the classes wear the following colors:
Freshmen – White
Sophomores – Red
Juniors – Blue
Seniors – Black
Students in the various grades can still do this or they can choose to wear their favorite GCM gear!
- Pep Rally – This will happen at the end of the school day
- Homecoming Football Game – This year we are playing Yorktown @ 7:00 PM – See you there!
- Homecoming Dance – The dance will run from 8:00 am – 11:00 pm. It will be a mixture of inside and outside. The dance proper will be in a large tent outside Door #5. Tickets are on sale in the cafeteria for $20.00 per person during all lunches. Please encourage your child to attend.
COVID Case Weekly Update
Last week Marshall High School had 2 positive COVID-19 cases: two students.
October 13th – PSAT/SAT Day
On October 13th, all 10th and 11th graders will be given the PSAT and 12th graders who opted in, will be given the SAT.
All 9th graders will not come to school this day and will instead be given asynchronous work by their teachers to complete at home.
For the 10th, 11th and 12th graders who are coming to school, this day will be a half day of school that will end at 12:55 pm. Grab and Go lunch will be available from 12:30 pm – 12:55 pm
Any seniors not taking the SAT should stay home and work on their college essays.
The next Saturday School will be Saturday, October 23rd from 8:30 am – Noon.
Jeffrey D. Litz